Desmos Art Project
- How can Math create art?
- How do I manipulate functions to do what I want?
Task: Create a picture using a combination of functions in desmos. Each picture should consist of the following type of functions.
- Linear Functions
- Quadratic Functions
- Exponential Functions
- Logarithmic Functions
- Circles and Ellipses
Guidelines (Mild, Medium, and Spicy)
- Mild-Uses at least 40 equations 75% or more linear equations
- Medium - Uses at least 70 equations with no more than 60% linear equations, and use shading
- Spicy - Uses at least 100 equations, uses less than 30% linear equations, and use shading
- Desmos Prototype
- Project Critiques
- Final Desmos Art Piece
- Project Reflection
Project Reflection: Write 1-2 paragraphs for one of the prompts below.
- In what ways did creating art in desmos enhance your understanding of how functions work?
- How does this project connect to computer programming?
- If you were to do this project again, what would you change and why?
- What piece of advice would you give students next year completing this project?
- Write your own question that you think reflects your learning for this project and answer it.