Learn the 5 red flags that can be observed in the field that indicate that avalanche activity could be dangerous.
Know Before You Go: Get The Picture
https://learn.kbyg.org/module/get-picture (stop at slide 28)
Upper Meadow Chutes Case Study
- Answer on a separate of paper and turn in when finished:
- If you get to the top of a ridge and see this recently triggered avalanche in the next drainage, what does this tell you?
- What important information did you learn after reading the avalanche report that you can use to make travel plans for the next day?
- How many human-triggered avalanches were reported in the week before the accident?
- How many tracks were on one of the avalanches reported in the bulletin?