Konigsberg Bridge Problem
- Learn about graph theory by solving the Konigsberg bridge problem
Warm up: Students will start class by standing at a whiteboard with their chosen group
- define a Eulerian path and draw an example on your whiteboard.
- Draw a map of the problem
- Determine the best route so that you can cross every bridge without crossing any of them twice.
- Draw a different arrangement of the problem
- Where should I start and finish?
- How many bridges does each island have? How does this matter?
- Does having an even or odd number of bridges affect whether the problem is possible? Why or why not?