- Introduce students to the class structure
- Establish a routine for students to come to class, check what they need to do, and how to turn in assignments.
- Get to know students
- If you could have a pet dragon how big would it be, color, and super power other than breathing fire?
Day 1 Stations Activity
Complete the Letter to Ande Assignment
Station 2: Classroom Scavenger Hunt
Go to the front of the room and find classroom scavenger hunt activity. Complete this and turn it in.
Station 3: Math 10 Goals Activity
Read through The Habits of a Mathematician doc
On a notecard write the following:
- What habit are you best at and why?
- Where can you improve most with your mathematical thinking?
- Write a goal for math 10 this year based on the habits of a mathematician. Turn in notecard to the “turn in” basket.
Station 4: Syllabus 101
Complete the Syllabus 101 Activity