- Finish observed and expected tables
- Complete chi-squared calculations
- Open your spreadsheet with your calculations for your data
- Create a Chi-squared Table that matches the number of colored cells for your observed and expected tables
- Use the chi-squared formula and find the chi-squared for each of your data data points
- Create a final calculations table with Final Chi-Squared, Critical Value, P-value
- Take the sum of each individual chi-squared in the “Final Chi-Squared” cell
- Find the Degree of Freedom for your data. DF = (n-1)*(n-1) from your expected table.
- Use this table to find the critical value for your data. Input the appropriate critical value in your table.
- Calculate the p-value by typing "=CHISQ.TEST(" then selecting the observed values, and the expected values