- For this starter complete the Khan Academy, and post your score in the comments on google classroom.
Review Coin Flip Experiment
Discuss Samples and Probability
- The smaller the sample the more variance there will be
- The larger the sample the result will converge on the theoretical probability.
Types of Probability
- Theoretical Probability: The probability we get without experimenting
- Empirical Probability: “Experimental Probability” or it is the probability we observe in data.
Null and Alternative Hypothesis Assignment
- Two different groups you are comparing
- One metric or measurement
- Is there a difference in concussions between the UFC and the NFL?
- Is there a difference in hospitalization rates between boosted and non-boosted people with Covid-19?
- Is there a difference in grade point average between high school boys vs girls?
- Is there a difference in car accidents driving while under the influence of alcohol vs driving under the influence of marajuana?
- Find something that interests you and ask a testable question about it.
- Develop a null and alternative hypothesis
- Find data for your hypothesis and make a conclusion (note this is a general conclusion not necessarily statistically proven)
- Fill out the assignment on this doc: Probability_2: Null and Alternative